At Estrella Preschool, we recognise and value the contribution that play-based learning makes to children’s overall development and wellbeing. Our teachers plan their lessons to take advantage of our fantastic indoor and outdoor facilities. They develop their lesson plans using the five principles outlined in the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework:
- Identity – Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Community – Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
- Wellbeing – Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Learning – Children are confident and involved learners.
- Communication – Children are effective communicators.
The program includes experiences in the areas of music, maths, movement, literacy, art, science, literature and nature. While lesson plans are guided by the Framework, the teachers also incorporate the ideas and unique interests of the children, both as a group and as individuals.
Download the Early Years Learning Framework Families Guide (PDF).